PRS
www.theprs.co.uk
 
Prime Location
 
Zoopla
 
Rightmove
 
OnTheMarket
 
DPS
 
Rightmove
 
Our office in Newport Pagnell
Estate Agents | Aston Estates | Newport Pagnell | Milton Keynes
 
£735
pcm
Print
Map
2 bedrooms
Let Agreed
High Street, Milton Malsor, Northants
 
  • Available 1st November 2018
  • Village location
  • Excellent for Rail Links to London & M1 access
  • Gas central heating
  • Rear Garden
  • Strictly no smokers or DSS
Astons Estate Agents...Are you looking for VILLAGE LIFE...we have the house for you. AVAILABLE now. Gas central heating. Rear Garden. Two Bedrooms. Cooker with extractor fan & fridge. NO smokers or DSS. Close to Northampton Town. Excellent for Rail Links to London & M1 access.
Lounge
11'01'' X 11'04''
Carpeted, Window to front aspect.
Kitchen
13'00'' X 6'06''
Range of eye & base units. Cooker with extractor fan. Fridge space for freezer.
Utility room
Plumbing for washing machine.
Bathroom
3 piece bathroom suite. Panelled bath with shower attachment, tiled splash areas, low level WC, hand basin, tiled flooring.
Bedroom 1
13'00'' X 11' 01''
Carpeted, window to front aspect and radiator
Bedroom 2
13' 00'' X 6' 11''
Carpeted, window to rear aspect and radiator plus
ADMINISTRATION FEE
ADMINISTRATION FEE
£300.00 including VAT for single applicant
£360.00 including VAT for joint applicants

RENT
£735.00 per calendar month

DEPOSIT
£1102.50

Restrictions...

No unemployed
No DSS
No pets
No smokers
Summary
Milton Malsor is a village and civil parish in South Northamptonshire, England. It is 4 miles (6.4 km) south of Northampton town centre, 45 miles (72 km) south-east of Birmingham, and 66 miles (106 km) north of central London; junction 15 of the M1 motorway is 2 miles (3.2 km) east by road. The area of the Milton Malsor civil parish is about 1,650 acres (670 ha), stretching from north of the M1 motorway between junctions 15 and 15A, south to the West Coast Main Line, east to the A508 and A45 roads, and west to the A43 road.

The village's name is from the Old English middel for "Middle" and tun meaning farm or settlement and the second part of the name appears to be from "Malsoures", the name of a prominent local family added much later. The first recorded mention of the village is in the days of William the Conqueror and the Domesday Book. This records that there were two manors and two men held lands at Milton as part of their Baronies. These were William Peverel and Goisfrid Alselin

Many fields around the village reflect England's history. The field known as 'the Leys' (opposite Milton House in Rectory Lane) shows clear signs of 18th century pre-enclosure and pre-British Agricultural Revolution farming in strips although this is slowly disappearing with recent farming. The mediaeval open field system was enclosed in Milton in 1779 together with that of Collingtree.[9] The soil is predominantly sandy as one might expect since the area is the bed of an ancient river. Evidence of sand and clay extraction is all around, reflecting 19th and 20th century industrial and urban expansion. For example, the small industrial estate in Gayton Road is on an old clay quarry; the playing and football fields in Collingtree Road are on the sites of sand quarries - in the latter case mostly filled with clay spoil from the 1950s construction of the M1. The field between Towcester Road and the A43 Milton by-pass, which opened in May 1991,[10] to the west of the village was also the site of a sand quarry in the 1950s and 1960s.

In 1965 the driver of a mechanical digger spotted a shiny object in a newly exposed face. It turned out to be an early Bronze Age Cinerary Urn. The field between the village and the M1 on the north side of Collingtree Road is an area designated by Northamptonshire County Council[1] for sand extraction. The sand is stated by the county council to be of the 'soft sand' type suitable for mortar. The site is in Milton Malsor parish and only ca.200m from houses in the village. It was originally called the "Collingtree site" but the county council finally referred to it as the Milton site in late 2008. It has so far not been developed probably due to its triangular shape and stranded location between the motorway along one edge, the railway line another and a road unsuited to heavy lorries on the third. The site is included in the county council's mineral's and waste plan, the subject of a Public Inquiry in 2009.[11] A third Public Inquiry in 2010 retained the site.

A stream runs northwest through the village, partly in a conduit but visible from Collingtree Road and Rectory Lane as it flows north through the field known as 'The Dip' after an old sheep dip the remains of which are still visible. In Spring 1998 this flooded, causing minor damage to some houses. The stream flows north joining with others from the east and south flowing south and west around Hunsbury Hill. It then joins the River Nene at Upton, west of Northampton. The Grand Union Canal and its Northampton arm, built in 1815 passes nearby. There is a marina just off the road to Gayton. There are 17 locks on the arm, taking the canal downhill into Northampton and to join the River Nene east of the town. It takes about two hours for a boat to travel through.
RENT
£735 per calendar month
DEPOSIT
£1102.50

Restrictions

  • No unemployed
  • No DSS
  • No students
  • No Pets
  • No smokers

Map